Saturday 12 October 2013

Web Authoring, Castlereagh

Unit 11. Web Authoring


Started to teach this unit at Belfast Metropolitan College, Castlereagh, Belfast. Students will find downloads at bmc.synactor.com. Students are asked to contribute to the site, www.synactorsguild.com. My main website is www.adrianmallon.com.

P.S. Note how you can edit your blog without there being a record of the time of editing. In this respect, blogs differ from Wikis. On a Wiki forum where members can contribute to a discussion thread, my posts would contain also a notice of the times edits were made after the initial posting. However, if no one else has posted to the thread after my post, the time of my edit will not be recorded on the post. (Note: This sentence was added after I posted a comment to this post and no time of edit was added to the original post after the comment.)

1 comment:

Adrian Mallon said...

Note that can use a few HTML tags in comments: as <b> tag for bold characters, the <i> tag for italics and links with the <a> tag, e.g., my website. I can refer to special characters between the & and ; characters, e.g., < = &lt;. I need to check out the other possible tags and the ones that can't be handled. Already, I see that I can't use <em>, <strong> and <p> tags!

I can preview my comments before publishing,—something that is very advisable. Note the date that attaches to my comment.